Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Greater North West part 2


I found just a few more pictures of the first part of Seattle. Here Z man is out front of the house my Dad got. It was  so beautiful and covered in Green !
A shot of the music museum and the Space Needle

Z man and his Space Needle. If he could live there, he would be the happiest boy. He just loved it.

They get away with so much
Tutu and Z man ! We finally made it to Federal Way and for our first meal Diane took us to Salty's, my most favorite place to eat. We sat out on the back deck, when you looked down you could see the water through the cracks and if you looked in the water, you could see fish and scuba divers. I had a Dungeness crab stuffed salmon over and amazing risotto. I didn't take any pictures for I was enjoying every bite of that meal.

James getting ready to go to his first MLB game. Dan got him a shirt and hat of the local team, so he was good and ready to cheer on the best team... at least that's what I think ;)

Little Miss Eira and Tutu

Eira was fast into wrapping Tutu and Kapuna around her fingers.
Kisses for Kapuna

Eira just fell in love with Shannon, She would do anything with here. That included a heap of laughing and smiles. If I recall, I think Eira taught Shannon to play 52 pick up...

At this point Dan and James would have been on the train to the game, but there was a hold up back here at the house. Little Miss Eira decided when Kapuna gets to leave

James was holding it in, but I could see he was ready to see this game. He talked about it the whole way up to Montana and then all the way over to Seattle.  But as I said before, Eira decides when they go ;)

Need I say more ;)

Now I didn't go to the game with them, So these are pictures Jameso took and he took a whole heaps of them, I just picked a hand full.  But here they are at Safeco  Field ready for cracker Jacks and $15 hot dogs...

James said he could hear the ball when someone would throw it and even catch it... a big smack into the glove.

James still loves how Americans show their team spirit. Every team, if they suck or if they are kicking butt, they are there at the games dressed in team colors and with pride.

I had said from day dot, if you're going to go to a MLB game, you have to go with Dan. I can't think of anyone else more passionate about the game of baseball. Plus James could ask Dan all the questions I couldn't answer... and there's a lot of them. When you get into the baseball terms and stats, it's another language to me. I love the game, but I know 3 strikes your out.

I feel these colors look great on James... I know he's a Phillies fan, but this colors look good
Some things to remember his first game by and a little gift for Z man.
So after the baseball game the battery for our camera died and we couldn't find the charger. So we depended on our phone which was almost dead too. So we had also hoped for Diane's phone too. So we don't have nearly as many photos as I wish we did. But here we are on a Ferry ride to Bainbridge Island. Z man just loved watching the Space Needle get smaller and smaller.

We looked for whales and dolphins... didn't see any, but we saw plenty of seagulls. The weather had a perfect break for the ride over. We didn't get to see Mt. Rainer, but we were able to see the surrounding Islands. Seattle holds a special place with me for it's amazing beauty. I just love how green it is. Every where you look... green.

Another Ferry going the other way, Again... Mom and Rich used to take me and my two younger brothers on these all the time when we lived in Seattle. So it was another memory we got to share together.

I'm pretty sure if I dig enough, I will find the pictures of me looking like that on my ferry rides.

Kapuna showing Eira how to take a ferry ride in style. No joke, he's like the baby whisperer, any time Eira would start to get a little cranky or extremely cranky, Dan would pick her up and start talking to her and she would stop... maybe even fall asleep. Amazing
" Kapuna ! Space meedle ! " yes I still haven't fixed it into "Needle"

I believe they are looking for dolphins. there was so much to look at and with only 20 minuets on the boat we had to take it all in.
We picked a Mexican place to eat at... Yes this plate could have fed us all and the table next to us. but this would be one meal and one meal to put anyone into a food coma. Didn't finish it... no where near it, but James loved having Mexican food while in America. That's one thing Australia needs to get... Real Mexican food... not so much this heart clogging  meal, but close to it.

On the Ferry Ride back to Seattle from bainbridge Island.

Looking back to Bainbridge, I'm so happy Dan and Diane took us to this Island. It was just a perfect little town on and amazing and beautiful island. I kept saying the whole time we were there... I am meant to be living on this island. Right out of a book or movie, cute little shops and cafes with local artist and foods. Just another world and all you need to do is jump on a boat.

It was cold on our boat trip back, so Z man found a great spot inside... He got to watch the Space Needle getting bigger and bigger as we got closer. He got to watch the seagulls chase us back to the mainland, He loved out little boat adventure.

My old house... right across the street from Dan and Diane. I had so much fun living across the street from my best friend Chelsea. I have had so much fun sharing this place with my family and I can only hope we make it back here more.

Out front looking at the moon and watching the planes fly above

Daddy's little girl for sure

On our last day in Federal Way Dan and Diane took us to Salty's for a goodbye Brunch... All you can eat most amazing seafood and sweets and crepes and... well everything was just over the top delicious. In the left hand corner of this picture, Dungeness crab legs.... all... you... can... eat. Bring it on

James knows how to enjoy a vacation.... Yum and they tasted like some pastry chef was out back making them. 
After brunch we played on the beach Chelsea and I used to play at as kids. Little Miss Eira jumped right into playing with the rocks... good thing Tutu was there to take the rocks out of her mouth and keep her from jumping over head first..

Again... we didn't have a camera, so we took pictures from the phones and not enough. But James and Dan got right into teaching Z man how to skip rocks on the water and to miss the scuba divers. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing our trip has been so far. We made it from California to Montana and now Washington and we will be making our way down the 101 back to So Cal. I always feel at home when I come back to Federal Way, The brooks went out of their way to show us a good time and we will always remember our few days in Federal Way. James and I still can't decide what place was hardest to leave.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP